Pilates exercises help develop a strong 'core', the deep abdominals and the muscles closest to the spine. Pilates lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in the body in a balanced way improving strength, flexibility, balance and body awareness. The Pilates method is taught to suit each person and exercises are regularly re-evaluated to ensure they
are appropriate for that person. Due to this individual attention, the method suits everyone from elite athletes to people with limited mobility, pregnant women and people with a low-level of fitness.
Health benefits include: Improved flexibility, increased muscle strength and tone, improved stabilisation of spine, improved posture, improved co-ordination and balance, relaxation of shoulder, neck and upper back, increased body awareness and reduced stress and anxiety.
I'm Sandie, I'm a 41 year old mother of four, living in Fordingbridge and I have been practising Pilates for over 12 years. I love it! I personally think it is life-changing and anyone can do it - anywhere.
My classes are small, encouraging and fun. We will work together to get the results you want, whether it's a flatter tummy, firmer bottom, improving posture and flexibility - or all of the above. Pilates really can change the way you look, move and feel.
Pilates classes are run during Hampshire school term-times, paid in advance half-termly. Your place is secure when payment is received.
I totally understand that life does sometimes get in the way of Pilates. If you miss your usual class I will do my absolute best to fit you in to any of my other classes as a 'catch up' class. During Corona Virus I am having to be extra careful about the number of people in each class so for the foreseeable future I cannot guarantee this will be possible. I am unable to refund missed classes or carry over missed classes to the following term.
In order to keep everyone safe I have put the following measures in place:
* Class numbers are relative to the size of the hall, ensuring 2 metres between mats and participants.
* I provide hand sanitiser for clients as they enter and leave the hall.
* I will refrain from touching anyone.
* Clients will be notified if anyone I have taught within the previous two weeks tests positive for Corona Virus.
* Where possible I will devise a one-way system through the hall to prevent different classes crossing paths. Where this is not possible I will leave a 15 minute gap between classes.
* I will sanitise all 'touch points' in the hall before and after each class.
* Any equipment I provide will be thoroughly cleaned after use and then left for a minimum of three days before being used again.
* I ask that clients do not attend classes if they are experiencing any of the Covid19 symptoms. If you become unwell I ask that you let me know so I can, anonymously, inform other clients.
* Please bring your own mat. For your comfort I would suggest 15-20mm thick.
* If you know you are unable to attend a class please let me know so I an offer the place as a 'catch up' class.
If we are ordered into another Lockdown I will continue classes via Zoom, on your usual day at your usual time. I will also upload your class to a private Facebook page specific to your class.